Thai Chicken Soup Recipe: This Green Curry Chicken Soup Recipe Caused a Facebook Frenzy by Morgan Hawthorne
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 6 cups culinary Thai stock or chicken stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) lite coconut milk
- Toppings: lime wedges, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, sliced green onions
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat a large Dutch oven to medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil. Once melted add the red onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 30 seconds. Add in curry paste and stir 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Add broth. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Stir in the chicken, carrots, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Scoop a cup of broth out of pot and blend with the can of coconut milk and add back to pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over brown rice, if desired, and garnish with toppings. Enjoy!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.