Green Curry Chicken Soup: The Recipe That Caused a Facebook Frenzy by Morgan Hawthorne
If you love warm curry and chicken soup this is the mashup you’ve been looking for! It’s gluten-free and is a healthy choice for dinner that you and your family will love!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 6 cups culinary Thai stock or chicken stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) lite coconut milk
- Toppings: lime wedges, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, sliced green onions
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat a large Dutch oven to medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil. Once melted add the red onions and saute 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds. Add in curry paste and stir 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add broth. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Stir in the chicken, carrots, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Scoop a cup of broth out of pot and blend with the can of coconut milk and add back to pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over brown rice, if desired, and garnish with toppings. Enjoy!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.