Vanilla Extract Recipe: This 2-Ingredient Vanilla Extract Recipe Is Simple to Make at Home by Tiffany Zook
Looking for a healthy alternative to imitation vanilla extract? It’s easy to make your own vanilla extract for use at home or the perfect gift for the baker in your family. Plan ahead because it takes eight weeks to infuse – but it's worth the wait. Bake up a storm with your homemade, chemical-, dye- and artificial-flavor-free vanilla extract.
Prep Time: 8 weeks (but worth it)
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 8 weeks
- 6 - 7 vanilla beans (You can purchase in bulk. Any vanilla bean will work, Ugandan, Madagascar, Mexican, Tahitian or try a bean blend.)
- 1 cup 70-proof alcohol (You can use vodka, rum, brandy, etc. No need for top shelf, save that for your anniversary.)
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the vanilla beans long-way and add to an 8.5-ounce bottle or jar.
- Pour the alcohol into the jar.
- Fully submerge your beans in the alcohol.
- Cap it and shake once or twice a week for eight weeks. Store at room temp away from direct sunlight.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.