Creamy Blueberry Vanilla Custard Pie Recipe Is Almost Too Pretty to Eat by 30Seconds Food
Fresh blueberries baked into a creamy lemon-spiked custard is what dessert dreams are made of. Oh, my. One bite of this creamy blueberry custard pie and you'll have a smile ear to ear.
This easy blueberry custard pie recipe is the pie of spring, summer, winter and fall (think Thanksgiving). Make a couple so you can share!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the butter, sugar, flour, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and milk. Beat well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Top with the fresh blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes. If pie begins to get too brown, cover with foil. Cool.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Pans $5 & Up
Pie Servers $5 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.