Creamy Blueberry Vanilla Custard Pie Recipe Is Almost Too Pretty to Eat by 30Seconds Food
Fresh blueberries baked into a creamy lemon-spiked custard is what dessert dreams are made of. Oh, my. One bite and you'll have a smile ear to ear.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the butter, sugar, flour, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and milk. Beat well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Top with the fresh blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes. If pie begins to get too brown, cover with foil. Cool.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Pans $5 & Up
Pie Servers $5 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.