How to Make Roasted Golden Beets With Potatoes & Get Sweet on Beets! by Nafsika Antypas
Beets are a nutritional bomb! Here's a recipe I created using golden beets. This past month I made about three or four variations of the recipe, each time substituting one veggie for another. I encourage you to experiment at home until you discover your favorite combo!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 - 4 golden beets, sliced
- 2 - 3 sweet potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 - 3 russet potatoes, cut in quarters
- 1/2 leek, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, ground or fresh
- salt and pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- In an oven dish, add all ingredients, pouring oil and spices on top.
- Add water and mix all ingredients gently.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 1 hour. Toss halfway through the cooking.