Incredibly Creamy Poblano Rice Casserole Recipe Will Leave You Speechless by Donna John
No words. That's an overused statement, for sure, but it works for this creamy Mexican rice recipe. What's creamier than creamy? That word might describe this recipe. Might.
This easy poblano rice recipe is a delicious way to add a bit of spice to dinner. It'll be a family favorite for sure.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup converted rice (I used Uncle Ben's)
- 3 ears corn on the cob
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside. Char the corn on a grill or in a cast iron skillet. Slice off the kernels. Set aside.
- Roast the poblanos, then peel, seed and chop.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the half the onion, chopped poblano and corn. Cook about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Combine the cooked veggies, sour cream, cilantro, remaining onion, rice, cheese and whipping cream. Season with black pepper, to taste. Pour into a 3-quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Converted Rice $4 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
3-Quart Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Uncle Ben's Rice $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.