Creamy Whipped Potato Salad Recipe Is a Must for Your Picnic or Cookout by Debra Taylor
If you're having a picnic or a cookout, you have to try this creamy whipped potato salad recipe. This easy mashed potato salad recipe comes together quickly, and is loaded with eggs, mustard, mayo and a couple of unexpected ingredients, too.
If you can, make it the night before so the flavors can meld. This is one surprising side dish recipe that people will be looking for at your next cookout or family get-together. So good!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes plus chill time
- 10 medium potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mustard
- dill relish
- garlic salt
Here's how to make it:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces. Boil until soft.
- Take the yellow out of the eggs and mix with the mustard.
- Cut up the egg whites into small pieces.
- Place the potatoes into a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher. Then, whip with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and mustard mixture, egg whites, onions and relish (amount of relish and onion is to your taste) to a mixing bowl.
- Add enough mayo to make the potatoes really creamy (if too dry you can always add more later). Mix well with a mixer.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt, to taste. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Potato Masher $5 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Devo "Whip It" $1.30 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Dill Relish $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.