Marvelous Mexican Hot Chocolate: A Creamy Hot Chocolate Recipe for Cold Winter Days by Donna John
In Mexico, hot chocolate is serious business. The spicy Mexican hot chocolate recipe is served in a hand-made clay hot chocolate server and whipped by hand until frothy with a wooden molinillo. This creamy chocolate goodness will warm you up on these cold winter days.
- 4 cups milk
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 drops almond extract
- whipped cream or marshmallows, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the milk into a pot over low heat. Add the chocolate, sugar and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, about 20 minutes, or until chocolate melts completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- With an electric mixer or molinillo, beat the hot chocolate (carefully!) until frothy. Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows, if desired. Makes about 4 mugs.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Molinillo $10 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate $3 & Up
Almond Extract $3 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
Vanilla $3 & Up
Marshmallows $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.