Iberostar's Mexican Tortilla Soup: A Taste of Mexico in Your Own Kitchen! by 30Seconds Food
Add to collection
In the dead of winter, what could be better than staying warm with a hearty, flavorful Mexican soup? The chefs at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts have put together DIY, easy recipes so you can get a taste of Mexican culture right at home. Made with fried tortillas, this filling traditional Mexican soup is easy to make and full of sabor.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 fresh epazote or coriander leaves
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 pasilla chiles
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup of queso fresco
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
Here’s how to make it:
- Roast the garlic cloves, onion and tomatoes in the oven.
- Grind the roasted ingredients and add 1/4 cup of chicken broth and one pasilla chile.
- Fry the ground mixture in oil over high heat for 2 minutes in a large pot and then leave it on low heat for 5 more minutes or until obtaining a thick mixture.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, epazote leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Leave the broth on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Cut the corn tortillas in julienne strips and fry them in oil.
- Cut one pasilla chile into rings and fry in oil.
- Place the fried tortilla and pasilla chile in a deep dish and add the tomato sauce.
- Add the sour cream and fresh cheese and garnish with sliced avocado.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Epazote Leaves $5 & Up
Pasilla Chiles $5 & Up
Chicken Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.