Easy & Flavorful Chinese Five Spice Baked Chicken Recipe Spices Up Dinnertime by 30Seconds Food
Chinese five spice powder is an Asian spice mix that usually containers star anise, cloves, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper and fennel seeds. As with anything, there are variations, even when you buy the spice mix premade. Ginger, nutmeg, turmeric and even orange peel can show up in your five spice powder. This baked chicken recipe is a good start if you’re just now experimenting with Chinese five spice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 1 hour to marinate
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, agave or honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Here's how to make it:
- Combine everything but the chicken in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Put the chicken in a plastic zipper bag. Pour the marinade over, seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from the marinade and place it in a baking dish. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.