Red Sugar Beet Cupcakes: A Holiday Dessert Without Artificial Colors by Gigi Gaggero
Looking for a red dessert for Valentine's Day without artificial coloring? Try this easy sugar beets cupcake recipe!
- 1 cup puréed fresh red sugar beets (fresh cooked, not canned)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, slightly heated to pourable state
- 1 1/4 cup granulated organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder (do not use Dutch-processed cocoa for this batter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk or substitute
Here's how to make them:
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, add the beet purée. Fitted with the whip attachment, whisk on medium-high speed and slowly begin to combine the beet purée with the oil by adding the oil in slow, yet steady, stream hitting the interior side of the bowl. Continue until all the oil is incorporated.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla extract. Beat an additional minute.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and nut milk until incorporated into the batter. Continue to beat until combined.
- Divide among cupcake liners, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and keep in an airtight container. Frost as desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Madagascar Vanilla Extract $15 & Up
Natural Cocoa Powder $7 & Up
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
Granulated Organic Sugar $4 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.