Tortellini & Sausage Soup Is a Quick Slow Cooker Recipe to Keep You Warm This Winter! by Janine Hamilton
I don't know about you, but after the hustle of the holidays, I'm a bit burnt out come January – physically, financially and especially in culinary creativity. In the winter, my family really enjoys a warm, stick-to-your-ribs meal that leaves amazing leftovers, too. My tortellini and sausage soup takes moments to assemble, just a few hours to cook and makes everyone happy! Bonus points if you remember to buy crusty bread to go with it. Stay warm, my friends!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 package sausage (our favorite is an Italian mild, but brats are also great)
- 1 package fresh spinach
- 1 package frozen tortellini or ravioli (any type)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Remove cream cheese from foil and cut into large chunks. Place in slow cooker.
- Cut sausages into four pieces each and place on top of cream cheese.
- Add spinach, tortellini and tomatoes to slow cooker. Preseason with salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired.
- Stir ingredients and cook on high 3-4 hours (low 6-7 hours). Stir well before serving.