Spiced Red Wine Poached Pears Recipe: A Healthy Instant Pot® Valentine's Day Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Impress that special someone with this elegant, beautiful and tasty dessert. And feel free to mix things up – use Bartlett, Anjou or Bosc pears. Just find the best one that is ripe but still firm. Then elevate this easy poached pear recipe before serving with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 ripe but still firm pears
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 sprig fresh mint
Here’s how to make it:
- Rinse and peel the pears leaving the stem. Using a corer or melon baller, remove the cores from underneath without going through the top so you can maintain the stem. Brush the pears inside and out with the lemon juice.
- Combine the wine, orange juice, orange zest, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves and ginger in Instant Pot®. Press the Sauté button and then hit the Adjust button to change the temperature to More. Bring to a slow boil in about 3 to 5 minutes; stir to blend and dissolve the sugar. Carefully place the pears in liquid. Press Adjust button to change temperature to Less and simmer unlidded for 5 additional minutes. Lock lid.
- Press Manual button and adjust time to 3 minutes. Use the Pressure button to set
- the pressure to Low. When the timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to a serving platter. Garnish with mint sprig.
Excerpted from The I Love My Instant Pot© Free Holiday Menu by Michelle Fagone (CavegirlCuisine.com). Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved. Photography by James Stefiuk.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pot $80 & Up
Instant Pot Cookbooks $2 & Up
Cinnamon Sticks $4 & Up
Cloves $4 & Up
Ginger $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.