Instant Pot® Recipes: How to Make Spiced Red Wine Poached Pears by 30Seconds Food
Impress your guests with this elegant, beautiful and tasty dessert. And feel free to mix things up – use Bartlett, Anjou or Bosc pears. Just find the best one that is ripe but still firm. Then elevate this dish before serving with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
- 4 ripe but still firm pears
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 sprig fresh mint
Here’s how to make it:
- Rinse and peel the pears leaving the stem. Using a corer or melon baller, remove the cores from underneath without going through the top so you can maintain the stem. Brush the pears inside and out with the lemon juice.
- Combine the wine, orange juice, orange zest, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves and ginger in Instant Pot®. Press the Saute button and then hit the Adjust button to change the temperature to More. Bring to a slow boil in about 3–5 minutes; stir to blend and dissolve the sugar. Carefully place the pears in liquid. Press Adjust button to change temperature to Less and simmer unlidded for 5 additional minutes. Lock lid.
- Press Manual button and adjust time to 3 minutes. Use the Pressure button to set
- the pressure to Low. When the timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to a serving platter. Garnish with mint sprig.
Excerpted from "The I Love My Instant Pot© Free Holiday Menu" by Michelle Fagone (CavegirlCuisine.com). Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved. Photography by James Stefiuk.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.