Easy Brunch Casserole Recipe: Chef Adrianne Calvo’s Buttery Sausage, Egg & Cheese Casserole Is What to Make for Mother's Day by Chef Adrianne Calvo
There is something deliciously intriguing about brunch. It screams refinement, and offers myriad options for those who decide to venture down this rabbit hole of deliciousness. Love breakfast food? Brunch can satisfy those cravings. More of a lunch person? Brunch offers that too, as it is undoubtedly one of the most versatile meals of the day.
Here's my easy recipe for a delectably savory casserole that you can whip up for Sunday brunch or anytime. My sausage, egg and cheese casserole is topped with maple syrup, which adds a signature sweetness to the buttery spice that lies underneath. The casserole itself contains cheese, sausage, egg, onions, peppers and, of course, bacon. Pair it with a pomegranate mimosa to finish off this fabulous meal.
- 7 croissants, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, more for baking dish
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, chopped
- 1/2 cup breakfast sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup bacon, crisped, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add butter and sauté green onion, sausages and bacon for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and onions. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and heavy cream. Add croissants and sautéed mixture. Add shredded cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish and pour mixture into it. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool. To serve, drizzle with maple syrup. Serves 8-10.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Maple Syrup $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.