Vegan Eggnog Recipe: This Dairy-Free Eggnog Is a Healthy Holiday Food Choice by 30Seconds Food
Eggnog is heavy on the cream and loaded with sugar. Delicious, but not the best accompaniment to a holiday meal with so much rich food already. This vegan-friendly eggnog alternative from Health Coach Institute uses coconut milk (which has unique fatty acids that aid heart health) instead of cream, and replaces table sugar with dates and maple syrup (an unrefined sweetener laden with antioxidants and minerals). And the cashews make an excellent protein substitute for the egg whites.
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 6 - 8 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Here's how to make it:
- Soak cashews in water overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- Drain the water from the cashews and place them in a blender with 2 cups of fresh water. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a uniform consistency is achieved. This will require some time, as the dates take a great deal of blending.
- Pour eggnog into a glass container and refrigerate until cold (all the blending will likely heat the mixture up, so for best results, refrigerate before drinking).
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.