Easy Dairy-free Pumpkin Pie Recipe: Ditch the Dairy This Thanksgiving by 30Seconds Food
All things pumpkin spice just got even better: Pereg has shared a simple dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe just in time for Thanksgiving. Delish!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree or 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon PEREG ground cinnamon or your favorite ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine sticks, chilled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
Here’s how to make it:
- To make the pie crust, place the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor fitted with an “S” blade and pulse to combine. Add the margarine and cold water and process until the mixture resembles a coarse meal, begins to stick together, and holds together when pinched. Remove dough from processor (will be crumbly) and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for best outcome
- To make the filling in a large bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the pumpkin, coconut milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add sugar, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and mix until completely combined.
- To make the pie, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a pie plate and set aside. Roll out your pie dough on a well-floured surface (pastry cloth) to fit the size of your pie plate. Carefully transfer the dough to the pie plate and shape the crust how you want it to look. Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust and cover the crust with a pastry shield. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. It may be a bit wobbly still, but it will firm up as it cools. Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. (Be patient! This is important). Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pumpkin Puree $1 & Up
Coconut Milk $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Pumpkin Pie Spice $1 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.