This Easy, Cheesy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Casserole Recipe Will Make a Cauliflower Believer Out of You by Sloane Davis
We hear a lot about ricing cauliflower as alternative to potato and pasta dishes. But a mac and cheese dish that doesn’t skimp on cheese, and leaves everyone a cauliflower believer, needs to be shared.
This easy, cheesy cauliflower mac and cheese casserole recipe is so good, I'm pretty sure it'll become a favorite side dish for dinner at your house. Please enjoy this casserole and let me know if you liked it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound (about a head) cauliflower
- 1 cup 2 percent shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 2 ounces 0 percent plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
Here’s how to make it:
- Break cauliflower into bite sized pieces
- Either steam on stove top or place in microwave for about 8 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, mustard and half the cheese. Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Place in a casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Tips: For a quicker version and to cut back on time, combine all the cheese if you don't want to bake it in the casserole (just as good both ways). Mix and serve. To make it a protein-packed meal, add 93 percent lean chopped meat.