5-Ingredient Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Casserole Recipe Will Change the Way You Think About Cauliflower by Sloane Davis
We hear a lot about ricing cauliflower as alternative to potato and pasta dishes. But a five-ingredient mac and cheese dish that doesn’t skimp on cheese, and leaves everyone a cauliflower believer, needs to be shared.
According to Dr. Vikki Petersen, cauliflower is part of the the crucifer family (along with broccoli, brussels sprouts and kale), which are rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer.
This easy, cheesy cauliflower mac and cheese casserole recipe is so easy and delicious, it will change the way you think about cauliflower. In fact, I'm pretty sure it'll become a favorite side dish or vegetarian dinner at your house.
This vegetable casserole recipe is so simple to make, and it's ready in only about 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound (about a head) cauliflower
- 1 cup 2 percent shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 2 ounces 0 percent plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- garlic powder, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Break cauliflower into bite sized pieces
- Either steam on stove top or place in microwave for about 8 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, mustard and half the cheese. Add the garlic powder, to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Place in a casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Notes: For a quicker version and to cut back on time, combine all the cheese if you don't want to bake it in the casserole (just as good both ways). Mix and serve. To make it a protein-packed meal, add 93 percent lean chopped meat.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.