Cranberry Leek Quinoa Takes Cranberries to a New Level by 30Seconds Food
"When I start to see fresh organic cranberries pop up in the grocery store, I buy as many bags as I can fit in my freezer," said Veronica Bosgraaf, founder of healthy snack brand Pure Organic and author the cookbook, "Pure Food." "I love cooking with fresh cranberries and freeze them so that I can make my cranberry dishes all year. Quinoa has a fall feel to me, perhaps because its flavor is so nutty. Combined with squash and cranberries, this dish takes all the good smells and tastes of the season and makes them into a beautiful meal."
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 cups finely chopped butternut or acorn squash
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed well and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- In a medium saucepan set over high heat, bring the water and quinoa to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the squash and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the leeks and sage and cook, stirring, until the squash is tender and the leeks are lightly golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and cook just until they start to pop, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, agave and lemon juice.
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir well. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot, warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Quinoa $4 & Up
Agave Nectar $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.