This Green Bean & Onion Casserole Recipe Is Dairy-free & Delish by 30Seconds Food
Veronica Bosgraaf, founder of healthy snack brand Pure Organic, has put a twist on the traditional green bean casserole. This green bean casserole recipe from Veronica's cookbook, "Pure Food," is vegan!
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, plus more for frying
- 1 pound petite green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced small bottom mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook until bright green, about 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Whisk in the almond milk, tapioca starch, salt and pepper and cook until thickened, about 7 minutes. Add the green beans and cook until the beans are completely tender, about 7 minutes. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a serving dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the onion slices on several layers of paper towels and pat dry. Pour about 1/4 inch of grapeseed oil into a small sauté pan and place it over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry onions until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel– lined plate to drain. Sprinkle over the green bean mixture just before serving. Serve hot.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.