Easy Vegan Green Bean Casserole Recipe Is Pure Deliciousness by 30Seconds Food
Veronica Bosgraaf, founder of healthy snack brand Pure Organic, has put a twist on the traditional green bean casserole. This green bean casserole recipe from Veronica's cookbook, Pure Food, is vegan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, plus more for frying
- 1 pound petite green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced small bottom mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook until bright green, about 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Whisk in the almond milk, tapioca starch, salt and pepper and cook until thickened, about 7 minutes. Add the green beans and cook until the beans are completely tender, about 7 minutes. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a serving dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the onion slices on several layers of paper towels and pat dry. Pour about 1/4 inch of grapeseed oil into a small sauté pan and place it over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry onions until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel– lined plate to drain. Sprinkle over the green bean mixture just before serving. Serve hot.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.