Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe Is Absolutely Delicious by Donna John
Who doesn't love jalapeno poppers? This jalapeno popper chicken soup recipe takes those flavors and turns them into a thick, flavorful soup! This creamy jalapeno popper soup is absolutely delicious and you need to make it ASAP.
The soup has lots of flavorful ingredients: jalapenos, red onion, bell pepper or poblano pepper, chicken stock, potatoes, corn, cooked shredded chicken, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, fresh parsley and heavy cream. They all cook up together on the stovetop for a deliciously creamy Mexican-inspired soup.
You may be leery about adding four jalapenos, but trust me, the soup is not overly spicy at all. Add 'em! If you use a poblano instead of a bell pepper, the soup will be spicier. You could add a can of drained white beans to the soup for added fiber. Who doesn't need a little extra fiber in their diet? This creamy chicken soup recipe will become a family favorite for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large jalapenos, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper or poblano pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 - 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 - 5 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the jalapenos, onion and pepper in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the corn, cooked chicken, cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and a little parsley. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Add the cream and slowly heat through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.