Tom Kha Gai Recipe: A Thai Chef Shows You How to Make a Savory Chicken Coconut Milk Soup by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
Tom Kha Gai is a savory coconut milk soup loaded with chicken and Thai herbs. Your taste buds simply won't believe it! Here's the recipe for one serving:
- 1 small chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) chicken broth
- 1 cup (200 milliliters) coconut milk (or coconut cream if you want it thicker)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut or pounded
- 1 inch of galangal, cut or pounded
- 1 coriander root
- 1 shallot
- 1 chili (or less, depending on amount of spice you like)
- 2 - 3 oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
Here's how to make it:
- Heat chicken broth, then add lemongrass, galangal, coriander, shallot and chili. Cook until they're translucent.
- Add chicken breast, cook well.
- Add coconut milk/cream, then add mushrooms.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar, salt to taste.
- Add Kaffir lime leaves and spring onion.
- Turn off heat and pour in lime juice.
- Drop in some chili oil if you want more color and spice.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Thai Cookbooks $3 & Up
Thailand Travel Guides $6 & Up
Chicken Broth $2 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Fish Sauce $4 & Up
Kaffir Lime Leaves $6 & Up
Chili Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.