#30Seconds Live: How to Make Tom Kha Gai (Chicken Coconut Milk Soup), As Taught by a Thai Chef! by Elisa All Schmitz 30Seconds
Tom Kha Gai is a savory coconut milk soup loaded with chicken and Thai herbs. Your taste buds simply won't believe it! Here's the recipe for one serving:
- 1 small chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) chicken broth
- 1 cup (200 milliliters) coconut milk (or coconut cream if you want it thicker)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut or pounded
- 1 inch of galangal, cut or pounded
- 1 coriander root
- 1 shallot
- 1 chili (or less, depending on amount of spice you like)
- 2 - 3 oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into 1-inch long pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon chili oil
Here's how to make it:
- Heat chicken broth, then add lemongrass, galangal, coriander, shallot and chili. Cook until they're translucent.
- Add chicken breast, cook well.
- Add coconut milk/cream, then add mushrooms.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar, salt to taste.
- Add Kaffir lime leaves and spring onion.
- Turn off heat and pour in lime juice.
- Drop in some chili oil if you want more color and spice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: