Taco-Stuffed Jack 'O Lantern Peppers: Carve Out Some Time to Make These for Halloween Dinner! by 30Seconds Food
What do you get when you fill a bell pepper jack 'o lantern with a hearty taco-seasoned meat filling? A fun Halloween dinner!
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black beans or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 orange bell peppers
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped tomato, black olives, pico de gallo
Here’s how to make them:
- Carefully cut around the stem on the peppers and remove. Using a sharp knife, cut a jack o’ lantern face into the peppers. Place in a baking dish.
- Brown the ground meat in a skillet. Drain off fat. Add taco seasoning, beans and salsa. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes. Add cheese and cilantro. Stir until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Put the stem back on top.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until peppers begin to soften. Serve with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.