Easy Jack 'O Lantern Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe for Halloween by 30Seconds Food
What do you get when you fill a bell pepper jack 'o lantern with a hearty taco-seasoned meat filling, black beans and cheese? A fun Halloween dinner!
Don't just wait for Halloween to make these easy stuffed peppers. Kids will love having a new friend a dinnertime. A delicious friend! You can use ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken for this easy recipe.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black beans or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 orange bell peppers
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped tomato, black olives, pico de gallo
Here’s how to make them:
- Carefully cut around the stem on the peppers and remove. Using a sharp knife, cut a jack o’ lantern face into the peppers. Place in a baking dish.
- Brown the ground meat in a skillet. Drain off fat. Add taco seasoning, beans and salsa. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes. Add cheese and cilantro. Stir until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Put the stem back on top.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until peppers begin to soften. Serve with desired toppings.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Black Beans $2 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Salsa $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.