Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe: This Creamy Soup Recipe Puts Canned Soup to Shame by 30Seconds Food
Want even more mushrooms? Roast or sauté additional mushrooms to use as a garnish. This easy recipe can be used in place of canned cream of mushroom soup in recipes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half or whipping cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until soft.
- In a bowl, combine the broth and flour until smooth. Pour into the mushroom-onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until thick, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the half and half. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until almost smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.