Fast Stromboli Recipe: This Cheesy Stromboli Recipe Means Dinner in 30 Minutes by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with layers of thinly sliced salami, pepperoni and smoked provolone cheese and baked in a flaky crust. Similar to a calzone, you also can fill stromboli with vegetables for a vegetarian option. Kids love them. Try this easy stromboli recipe tonight.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ready made pizza dough
- 1 cup spicy pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated smoked provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 2 dozen slices salami
- 20 slices thin-cut pepperoni or deli ham
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- Parmesan cheese
- additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a high-sided baking sheet with parchment and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the dough on a clean lightly floured work surface roll out to approximately 10x16-inch rectangle. Roll up onto the rolling pin and transfer the dough into the parchment. Lay flat.
- Spread pizza sauce over two-thirds of the dough lengthwise, leaving a 3x16-inch rectangle of plain dough along one of the edges.
- Top the sauce with half the grated cheese, salami and pepperoni or ham. Top with remaining cheese.
- Brush the blank strip of dough with the egg wash. Fold in the ends (sorta like rolling a burrito ) about an inch, and brush them with egg wash as well. This will assist with the stromboli from oozing out all its goodness in the oven.
- Roll up like a jelly roll lengthwise starting along the long edge of dough topped with all the fillings and ending with the plain strip of dough on the bottom of the roll. Bake seam side down to keep closed.
- Brush the entire stromboli with the additional egg wash and gently cut thin slits on the top of the dough every 1-2 inches. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 8-10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool 5-8 minutes and slice into pieces. Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping or drizzling.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.