30-Minute Stromboli Recipe Will Bring the Family to the Dinner Table by Chef Gigi
Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with layers of thinly sliced salami, pepperoni and smoked provolone cheese and baked in a flaky crust. Similar to a calzone, you also can fill stromboli with vegetables for a vegetarian option.
This easy baked stromboli recipe starts with premade pizza dough for easier prep. The dough is rolled out before being topped with pizza sauce, provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, salami, and pepperoni or deli ham. The dough is rolled up, brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese before being baked until golden. Serve the stromboli with additional pizza sauce for dipping. Add a salad and you have a complete family-approved meal.
Kids love stromboli! Actually, everyone loves stromboli! You will have the family anxiously waiting for dinnertime to roll around. Try this easy and quick stromboli recipe tonight and see for yourself.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ready made pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated smoked provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 2 dozen slices salami
- 20 slices thin-cut pepperoni or deli ham
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- Parmesan cheese
- additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a high-sided baking sheet with parchment and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the dough on a clean lightly floured work surface roll out to approximately 10x16-inch rectangle. Roll up onto the rolling pin and transfer the dough into the parchment. Lay flat.
- Spread pizza sauce over two-thirds of the dough lengthwise, leaving a 3x16-inch rectangle of plain dough along one of the edges.
- Top the sauce with half the grated cheese, salami and pepperoni or ham. Top with remaining cheese.
- Brush the blank strip of dough with the egg wash. Fold in the ends (sorta like rolling a burrito ) about an inch, and brush them with egg wash as well. This will assist with the stromboli from oozing out all its goodness in the oven.
- Roll up like a jelly roll lengthwise starting along the long edge of dough topped with all the fillings and ending with the plain strip of dough on the bottom of the roll. Bake seam side down to keep closed.
- Brush the entire stromboli with the additional egg wash and gently cut thin slits on the top of the dough every 1 to 2 inches. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool 5 to 8 minutes and slice into pieces. Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping or drizzling.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Nonstock Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Pizza Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.