Vegan Desserts: Try Chef Chloe Coscarelli's Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Add to collection
Yes, even classic desserts can be made better using tofu. This decadent recipe created by Chef Chloe Coscarelli for Nasoya uses tofu for its creamy consistency and is topped with fresh berries.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 package (1 pound) Nasoya silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2/3 cup amaretto
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- Toppings: sliced fresh strawberries, 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (ground in a food processor or finely chopped)
Here’s how to make it:
- To make the chocolate cream: In a small pot, heat the almond milk and chocolate chips over low heat. Stir until melted, about 5 minutes. In a food processor, combine tofu, melted chocolate, almond extract and salt. Blend until smooth. Let chill in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease one 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together water, oil, vinegar and almond extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix. Fill the prepared pan with batter. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Rotate the cake halfway through the baking time. Let cool completely. Unmold and slice into bite-size cubes.
- To make the espresso drizzle: Stir amaretto and espresso in a small bowl until dissolved.
- To assemble: In small dessert dishes, layer a handful of cake cubes, the espresso drizzle, the chocolate cream, sliced strawberries and ground chocolate. Repeat to fill each dish to the top, then repeat with remaining dishes. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nasoya products used in this recipe: