Sausage & Perogies in Cream Gravy: Try My Simple Family Pierogi Recipe by Amanda Condio
We all have our favorite foods and recipes. My favorite recipe is one of the only things my mother handed down to me that's worth anything. I have tweeked it here and there with seasonings and style and it is perfect. It is farmer sausage with a cream gravy drizzled over delicious perogies.
- 1 package Farmer sausage (Winkler is a good one)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 package of your favorite perogies onions (optional)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
Here’s how to make it:
- Brown the sausage on medium heat until it is cooked through. At this stage if you'd like add some chopped onions do so. Pour in the whipped cream and let it simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Boil your perogies. I like mine crispy and not soggy, but I don't like pan frying them because it takes too long. When my perogies are done and floating in the boiling water I place them on a baking sheet and brush them with margarine and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- After about 20 minutes of a steady simmer your whipping cream gravy should be thickening to a nice consistency. Put your perogies on a plate, and then pour the sausage and gravy over the top. Serve with your favorite veggies.