Tacos Al Pastor Are the Ultimate Mexican Street Tacos for Taco Night! by 30Seconds Food
Tacos al pastor are Mexican street tacos at their finest. The pineapple starts to break down the meat as it marinates, leaving it juicy and tender. If you’re a crunchy taco person, serve in crunchy shells instead of tortillas.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple or 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: crumbled queso fresco or Cotija cheese, chopped red onion, sliced jalapeno, chopped cilantro, sliced radishes, lime wedges, salsa
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the pork, pineapple, onion, garlic, cilantro and spices in a plastic zipper bag. Squeeze to combine and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and add the marinated pork. Cook until pork is cooked through.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.