Falafel Burgers: You'll Falafel in Love With This Healthy Vegetarian Burger by 30Seconds Food
This Middle Eastern delight combines chickpeas and spices and is usually shaped into balls and deep-fried. For this falafel recipe, the mixture is shaped into patties and pan-fried, then served as a burger. Yum.
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzos), drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yogurt
Here's how to make them:
- Add the chickpeas, onion, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, flour and spices to a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined. Form into patties.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet. Cook patties until browned on both sides and heated through.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.