Rice Cake Toppings: 20 Easy, Delicious Ways to Eat Rice Cakes That You Need to Try Right Now by Donna John
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
If you think bland and blah when you hear "rice cakes," it's time to rethink the rice cake. Here are 20 out-of-the-box, creative ways to up the yummy factor for these misunderstood snacks.
- Strawberries, Cream Cheese and Arugula: Spread on a thin layer of cream cheese and top with fresh strawberries and arugula. The bitterness of the arugula complements the creaminess of the cheese and sweetness of the berries.
- Healthy Owls: Start by spreading a layer of peanut butter on the rice cake. Using round oat cereal, banana slices, blueberries, cheese and apple wedges, form a fun owl. What a healthy snack for kids!
- Rice Cakes and Jam: Top rice cakes with a scoop of your favorite jam, jelly or preserves. Try our homemade strawberry jelly!
- Peanut Butter and Banana: This classic combination makes a healthy snack or quick breakfast for busy school mornings.
- Rice Cake Open-face Sandwiches: Who needs bread? Top rice cakes with your favorite sandwich fillings for a light lunch or snack.
- Cream Cheese and Fresh Herbs: Mix chopped, fresh herbs into cream cheese. Spread on a rice cake and you’re good to go.
- Nutella Rice Cakes: That hazelnut spread we love so much is right at home spread on a crunchy rice cake.
- Banana, Nut Butter and Seeds: Sneak some added nutrition onto that rice cake by sprinkling peanut butter and bananas with sesame seeds – or try chia seeds, flax seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Apple and Peanut Butter: Top nut butter with slices of fresh apple for a crunchy and protein-packed snack or breakfast.
- Blueberries and Nut Butter: Blueberries are a superfood and super for snacking. Try them on a rice cake with almond, cashew or peanut butter.
- Smoked Salmon Rice Cakes: Cream cheese and salmon are a classic combination, and feel right at home on top of a healthy rice cake. Add fresh basil or chives for freshness.
- Creamy Avocado: The creaminess of avocado loves all the cracks and crevices of a rice cake. Spread on a thin layer of cream cheese to make this snack even more decadent.
- Shrimp Salad: Up your rice cake game by topping them with shrimp, avocado, cucumber, cream cheese and green onion tops.
- Wine Platter Worthy: Serve rice cakes with fresh pear, grapes and drizzle with honey. Serve with a glass of wine and everyone will be happy.
- Caprese Rice Cakes: Layer slices of fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Yes, please.
- Pesto Rice Cakes: Spread a luxurious layer of homemade pesto on rice cakes. Don’t have homemade pesto? There are some really good jarred pestos available.
- Radish Rice Cakes: Peppery radishes and cream cheese are the perfect pairing. Add a few grinds of fresh ground pepper.
- Ganache Them Up: Chef Gigi’s homemade ganache will take rice cakes to a new level.
- Tuna Cakes: Canned salmon is super healthy (don’t forget the calcium-rich bones!). Pile it high on a rice cake with sliced tomatoes or lettuce leaves.
- Fruit, Honey and Cheese: Crumble fresh mozzarella, feta or even cheese curds on a rice cake, then top with halved purple grapes and drizzle with honey. An amazing breakfast or snack – or with a glass of wine.
How do you rice cake?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rice Cakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.