Chewy Lemon Cookies Recipe: This Refreshing Lemon Cookie Recipe Will Brighten the Day by 30Seconds Food
Soft, chewy and loaded with lemon flavor, this easy lemon cookie recipe is sure to be one you'll make for years to come. Store in an airtight container to keep them soft.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 47 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cookies
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar, for rolling
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and egg. Beat to combine.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Put the 1/4 cup sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Form the dough into balls. Roll the balls into the sugar and then place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are very lightly browned. Cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes, then remove to cool completely.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $9 & Up
All Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.