Grandma's M&M Cookie Recipe: Candy Cookies That Melt in Your Mouth, Not in Your Hand by Donna John
My grandma made this M&M cookies recipe, and the tradition is alive and well to this day. While they are included on the holiday cookie tray, this easy cookie recipe is a sweet treat any time of the year.
Make a batch of these sweet cookies for a fun after-school snack. Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Servings: Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cream together the sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Combine the flour, soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the M&Ms.
- Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
M&Ms $4 & Up
Butter-Flavored Shortening $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Chopped Nuts $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.