Grandma's M&M Cookie Recipe: Candy Cookies That Melt in Your Mouth, Not in Your Hand by Donna John
My grandma made this M&M cookies recipe, and the tradition is alive and well to this day. While they are included on the holiday cookie tray, this easy cookie recipe is a sweet treat any time of the year.
Make a batch of these sweet cookies for a fun after-school snack. Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Servings: Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cream together the sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Combine the flour, soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the M&Ms.
- Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
M&Ms $4 & Up
Butter-Flavored Shortening $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Chopped Nuts $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.