4-Ingredient Melt-in-Your-Mouth Homemade Caramels Recipe Just in Time for the Holidays by Annette Jett
Homemade caramels are a perfect bite of sweet goodness. This easy caramel candy recipe is really easy to make and is the perfect holiday food gift.
To use this as a sauce, melt a half sheet of the finished caramels with 1 to 2 cups heavy cream and whisk over low heat. Use it over cakes, ice cream or your favorite desserts.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- nuts (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- To a heavy saucepan, add the brown sugar and butter. Stir constantly over medium heat until melted.
- Add the corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Cook, stirring, until temperature reaches 238 degrees F (use a candy thermometer).
- Pour mixture onto a buttered cookie sheet. Cool and cut into desired sizes.
- To add nuts, line the pan with some chopped nuts before you pour.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Corn Syrup $3 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Candy Thermometers $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.