Goat Cheese With Apricot, Almonds & Honey: There's Nothing Baaa-d About It! by Donna John
You'll love the sharpness of the goat cheese tamed by the sweetness of apricots in this easy appetizer recipe. Don't like goat cheese? Substitute cream cheese. Not a fan of apricot? Use fig preserves and dried figs or pear preserves and chopped dried pears.
- 1 roll (8 ounces) goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 5 - 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup apricot preserves
Here's how to make it:
- Spread the apricot preserves on the bottom of a serving dish.
- Combine the almonds, apricots and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Roll the goat cheese in the mixture until completely covered.
- Set the goat cheese on top of the apricot preserves.
- Drizzle with honey.
Serve with crackers.