Greek Sliders With Sriracha-Lime Hummus: Chef Chloe Coscarelli Puts a Tofu Spin on Sliders! by 30Seconds Food
Vegan Vegetarian Dinner Lunch
5 years ago
Add to collection
Bite-sized and packed with flavor, these Greek-style sliders created by Chef Chloe Coscarelli for Nasoya are made using crumbled extra firm tofu and topped with a zesty homemade hummus.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Nasoya Organic Extra Firm Tofu, pressed 20 minutes and crumbled
- olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, cilantro or basil
Sriracha Lime Hummus
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- slider buns or small dinner rolls, halved and toasted
- Optional toppings: arugula, sliced red onion, sliced tomato
Here’s how to make them:
- To make the tofu sliders: Wrap the tofu tightly in kitchen or paper towels and place a heavy object on top (a can of soup or a few cookbooks). Let sit about 20 minutes while excess water releases from tofu. Unwrap and now your tofu will be ready to soak up all the juices and flavors of your dish!
- Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and let cook until soft. Crumble the tofu into the skillet and let cook a few more minutes until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a food processor, reserving the skillet for later use. Add the brown rice, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder and herbs to the food processor. Pulse until combined. Use your hands to form patties to fit the size of your slider buns.
- Lightly grease the reserved nonstick skillet with olive oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add the patties, working in batches as needed, and cook about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned, adding more oil between batches as needed.
- To make the hummus: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the sliders: Spread a layer of hummus on both the top and bottom buns, and layer the slider patty, arugula, onion and tomato in between. Enjoy!
Nasoya products used in this recipe: