Healthy Snacks: Trail Mix Granola Bars Will Be Your Favorite Portable Snack! by 30Seconds Food
Trail mix is simply a mix of dried fruits and nuts. Why not take those dried fruits and nuts and turn them into a chewy granola bar? Here's an easy granola bar recipe to try that's loaded with dates, nuts, oats and seeds.
- 1 1/4 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Here’s how to make them:
- Put the dates in a food processor or blender and pulse until it looks like “dough.”
- In sauce pot, combine the honey and nut butter. Heat over low heat until melted together.
- Add the dates, almonds, sunflower seeds, oats and vanilla. Mix well.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper that extends over the sides. Press mixture into pan.
- Pop them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set. Cut into bars.