Biscuits & Gravy Recipe: A Southern Sausage Gravy Recipe for Those Fluffy Biscuits by Donna John
Down south, if someone says they want a “big breakfast,” it will most likely include biscuits and gravy. It’s definitely not the healthiest breakfast choice, but occasionally everyone needs a little biscuits and gravy.
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sauce (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet until brown, breaking it up as it cooks. Remove sausage to a bowl and leave the grease in the skillet (you knew that was coming!).
- Add the flour to the grease and whisk to make a roux. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes. (If your sausage didn't have much grease, add a little oil to the pan to make 2 tablespoons.)
- Whisk in milk and cream. Cook until bubbly and thick. Season with lots of black pepper and some salt.
- Add sausage back to the skillet and stir to combine. Serve over fresh-baked biscuits. (You can used frozen, canned or try my homemade biscuit recipe.)
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I made this using Corn Starch instead of flour to convert it to a #GlutenFree gravy.