5-Ingredient Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe: This Moist Sponge Cake Likes to Be Naked by 30Seconds Food
This vanilla sponge cake recipe is the only one you'll ever need. Top it with fruit, frosting, whipped cream, fruit compotes, cinnamon-sugar, chocolate ganache – or leave it naked. Yep, it loves to be naked.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 cakes
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the eggs in a mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the sugar, a little at a time, and continue mixing on high speed for about 9 minutes, or until thick and fluffy.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking power. With a spatula, gently fold the flour into the egg mixture a little at a time. Fold in the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into two round cake pans that have been lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Round Cake Pans $6 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Spatulas $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.