This Cherry Vinaigrette Recipe Is the Perfect Way to Celebrate Summer! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
This sweet-yet-tart cherry vinaigrette is so delicious on crisp summer salads and spectacular with grilled foods. The dressing thickens over time, so add a touch of warm water to reconstitute. Keep up to a week refrigerated in an air-tight container.
- 1 cup dark red ripe cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons local organic honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and root trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- scant cinnamon (optional)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Add cherries, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot and garlic to blender. Process until smooth.
- With motor running, gradually add oil until it emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper.