This Easy Crème Brulee Is the Ultimate Food Porn by 30Seconds Food
Crème brulee, also known as burnt cream, tempts many people when they're dining out. But you can make this classic custard at home. Don't let the crisp, burnt sugar topping scare you. It's easy!
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 8 teaspoons for topping
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Here’s how to make it:
- Place four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups in a baking pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Combine the whipping cream, 1/3 cup of sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add egg yolks. Whisk until well blended. Divide mixture between the ramekins.
- Put the pan with the ramekins into the oven. Pour boiling water carefully into the pan around the ramekins until you have about an inch of water up the sides of the cups.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until custard begins to brown and the sides are set but center still jiggles. Carefully remove ramekins from the baking pan and cool about 2 hours on the counter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate another 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the 8 teaspoons of sugar over the tops of the custards. Either caramelize the sugar with a kitchen torch or pop under the broiler for a few minutes to turn sugar golden brown. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: