Fun Food for Shark Week: How to Make a Shark-Shaped Sandwich! by Donna John
It's Shark Week! Celebrate the week that sharks shine by making this fun shark-shaped sandwich with your kids. While you're watching sharks sink their teeth into seal decoys, your kid can sink his teeth into his favorite sandwich – with attitude! Want an angry shark? Turn that banana upside down! You could even cut pieces of white cheese and make teeth.
- 2 slices rustic bread
- orange segments
- banana slices
- round oat cereal
- bell pepper, kiwi, zucchini, broccoli or green beans (anything green)
- black olive, cut in half lengthwise
- desired sandwich fillings
Here's how to make it:
- Fill your bread with desired sandwich fillings. Place sandwich on a hot grill pan or skillet and heat one side until toasted. Flip and toast the other side. Remove to a solid-colored plate.
- Add orange segments for fins.
- Add banana slices for eye and mouth.
- Place half of the olive in the center of the banana eye.
- Add cereal for bubbles.
- Place whatever you decided to use that is green at the bottom of the plate for vegetation.
Don't want to toast the bread? No worries, just skip that step!