How to Make Savory Honey Muffins (Perfect On-the-Go Recipe)! by Tina Haupert
If your mornings are hectic, these honey muffins are calling your name! Prepare a batch ahead of time, store in an airtight container and simply grab and go in the morning.
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top of muffins
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line eight cups of a muffin tin with paper liners (or coat with non-stick cooking spray).
- Whisk together the milk, butter, eggs and honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, chives and cheese, setting aside 1/4 cup of Gruyere for sprinkling on top of muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups, filling them three-quarters full. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, until golden on top and remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining Gruyere cheese over tops.
- Turn oven to broil and broil muffins for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Nutrition Information (per muffin): Calories: 252, Fat total: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 332 mg, Protein: 9 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Calories from fat: 42%
Learn more at Carrots 'N' Cake!