How to Make Snack or Pack ‘Em Honey Lettuce Cups by Tina Haupert
This recipe for the honey lettuce cups has recently become a favorite in our house. The sweet and savory flavor combination of honey, marinara sauce and chili powder is pure perfection – and when wrapped in lettuce and paired with fresh cilantro and avocado, it can’t be beat.
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce (8-10 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted and cut into small chunks
Here's how to make them:
- Combine marinara sauce, honey and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with marinara mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from the slow cooker and place on a plate, shred with a fork and place back inside the slow cooker with the sauce.
- For each serving, use two lettuce leaves. Top with sauced chicken, cilantro and avocado.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 327, Fat total: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Sodium: 491 mg, Protein: 36 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Calories from fat: 30%
Learn more at Carrots 'N' Cake!