Honey Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe: These Easy Chicken Chili Lettuce Cups Are a Healthy Lunch Or Dinner by Tina Haupert
This easy recipe for honey chicken lettuce wraps has become a favorite in our house. The sweet and savory flavor combination of honey, marinara sauce and chili powder is pure perfection – and when wrapped in lettuce and paired with fresh cilantro and avocado, it can’t be beat.
This delicious chicken lettuce wraps recipe is super easy, and so healthy, too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours in a slow cooker
Total Time: 10 minutes plus 4 hours in a slow cooker
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce (8-10 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted and cut into small chunks
Here's how to make them:
- Combine marinara sauce, honey and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with marinara mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from the slow cooker and place on a plate, shred with a fork and place back inside the slow cooker with the sauce.
- For each serving, use two lettuce leaves. Top with sauced chicken, cilantro and avocado.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 327, Fat total: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Sodium: 491 mg, Protein: 36 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Calories from fat: 30%